Frolova Natal'ya Khaydarovna, Candidate of pedagogical sciences, associate professor, department of applied linguistics and foreign languages, National Research University “Higher School of Economics” (25 Pecherskaya street, Nizhny Novgorod, Russia), email@example.com
Mikhanova Ol'ga Pavlovna, Candidate of pedagogical sciences, associate professor, sub-department of English language, Penza State University (40 Krasnaya street, Penza, Russia), firstname.lastname@example.org
Background. Digital computing technologies and digital economy (Web Economy) has widespread impact both on the whole economy, higher education, and language teaching methodology. The intent of this article is to analyze advantages and disadvantages of blended learning, the wiki-site application in English language teaching of the first-year students from two Russian universities.
Materials and methods. The combination of various research methods provided an opportunity for objective analysis of the effectiveness of the wiki sites use in the process of English learning. In particular, methods such as: comparative for contrasting the wiki with other innovative learning tools and descriptive used to show the functional characteristics of the wiki were used by the authors during the experiment teaching. Statistics was obtained by quantitative and qualitative analysis of the students’ questionnaires.
Results. The findings and the results obtained have proven the efficiency of the given project.
Conclusions. Bearing in mind multimedia presentation of educational information, open access to the resource, the possibility of collaborative content editing of Wiki sites, the project is proven to be user- friendly and promising for application in other subject teaching.
1. Teoretiko-pragmaticheskie osnovy integrirovaniya IKT v lingvodidaktiku [Theoretical and pragmatic foundations of integrating information and communication technologies into linguistic didactics]. Available at: http://alnazarenko.wikispaces.com/
2. Voytovich I. K. Inostrannye yazyki v kontekste nepreryvnogo obrazovaniya [Foreign languages in the context of life-long learning]. Izhevsk, 2012, 32 p.
3. Dragunova A. A. Dni nauki – 2012: Filologicheskie nauki: materialy VIII Mezhdunar. nauch.-prakt. konf. [Days of science – 2012: Philological sciences, proceedings of VIII International scientific and practical conference]. Praga, 2012, p. 3.
4. Dragunova A. A. Dopolnitel'noe professional'noe obrazovanie v usloviyakh modernizatsii: materialy tret'ey Vseros. nauch.-prakt. internet-konf. [Additional vocational education at modernization: proceedings of III All-Russian scientific and practical online conference]. Yaroslavl: YaGPU, 2011, p. 91.
5. Nazarenko A. L. Otkrytoe obrazovanie [Open education]. 2015, no. 2 (109), pp. 70–74.
6. Robert I. V. Problemy sovremennogo obrazovaniya [Problems of modern education]. 2011, no. 2, pp. 28–60.
7. Sysoev P. V. O Rhema. Rema. 2013, no. 4, pp. 83–95.
8. Sysoev P. V. Informatsionnye i kommunikatsionnye tekhnologii v lingvisticheskom obrazovanii : ucheb. posobie dlya vuzov [Information and communication technologies in linguistic education: textbook for universities]. Moscow: Librokom, 2013, 264 p.
9. Tsaturova I. A., Yakovlev A. A., Afanas'ev M. A., Avetisova K. A. Innovatsionnye proekty v yazykovom obrazovanii [Innovation projects in linguistic education]. Moscow: Tsentr po izucheniyu vzaimodeystviya kul'tur FIYaR MGU im. Lomonosova, 2007, pp. 290–294.
10. Kolesnikov A. ITAR–TASS Information Service Ppojects. Available at: http://tasstele com.ru/news/one/12748#ix2228RiAumDH
11. Frolova N. Kh. Istoricheskaya i sotsial'no-obrazovatel'naya mysl' [Historical and socioeducationa thought]. 2016, vol. 8, no. 6/2, pp. 173–179.